The bundles of steel we produce are prepared for shipment with our “standard packaging.” This type of packaging enables the end user to unload the steel sheets with either an overhead crane or a fork lift.
- Standard packaging consists of steel banding across the width of the bundle and 3″ x 4″ x 12″ blocks, spaced evenly under each bundle.
- Standard packaging for Pickled and Oiled, Galvanneal, Galvanized, and all other surface critical steel consists of evenly spaced 3″ x 4″ x 12″ blocks lined with waterproofed paper.
However, we understand that different businesses have different needs when it comes to unloading their shipments. That is why we offer various types of special packaging to fit the needs of every customer.
From the simplest packaging requirements, such as lengthwise runners, to more complex pallets or skids, we will package your steel to your exact specifications:
- Full width cross boards (banded or loose)
- Lengthwise runners (banded or loose)
- Both lengthwise runners and cross boards
- Highway banding (lengthwise banding, in addition to the standard width wise bands)
- Pallets (top and bottom deck boards, stringers)*
- Standard Skids (top boards and stringers)*
- Custom made Skids – to your exact specifications*
- Waterproof paper on top/bottom of bundle
- Complete paper wrapping
*We build our skids and pallets utilizing a unique custom made skid template and use only 100 % hardwood to ensure stability and strength.